Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Couple-a-things


I do not like people who go abroad from Kuwait and then end up coming back and saying everything changed, people changed; and act all-high-and-mighty on everyone ya3ni annaa elli 5ala9 motha8aaf oo I changed and what not. I think I've come across so many cases as such, starring people of mature age. They've lost their sense of tradition, family values, etiquette and any nationalism... that's if they had it in the first place, and it's sad if they've disconnected themselves from those features.
I understand the utter smack-in-the-face shock some get from re-distinguishing the craaazy diving - wait I mean driving here. I'm not saying this because I was affected, but because it bothers me. It's like wil 3eyatho be'llaah 3i8oo8 elwalidayn (ugly treatment of parents), a person enters life in the safe surrounds of their parents and god-forbid end up turning around on their parents is just simply put illogical. That's all for today's moral sociology class. ;P -random I know-



Also I've decided, * I should stay away from nostalgic songs * It's about time I learn how to cook Kuwaiti * and I should get a mobile telephone (preferably N series I suppose)

ME: *Mood: Beyond happy el7amdillaah.

6 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

I have same fear of people in general losing their responsisbilaties in life such as parents and country duties and moving to (gazz oo hal sowalif). I'm only saying this because I'm afraid what my tiny cousins will come in to, a society that lost it's identity.....
I hope children, teens and adults figure out a way to make a safe and right enviroment for everyone to live happily
P.S: I'm happy that you're happy!!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:31:00 AM  
Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

3ad tadri? some get really attached to traditions when they go abroad, ya3ni those who say things have changed, maybe they went there and saw something they got used to and hated the fact that they couldn't find it in Kuwait, doesn't have to be a bad thing bs it happens, yet it's an eye opener in other cases, as people learn good things that are missing from our homeland and try to apply it, Good luck eb your studies =} enjoy the experience.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:41:00 AM  
Blogger Safi said...

Phoenix,
lol your tiny cousins... well you know what affects you affects them; not much of a generation gap really.
And I don't think it'll get that extreme, since there are always the strong personalities present oo ahal el7alal that keeps this country relatively in tact. And thank you for your sweetness- happy happy!

Spontaneousnessity,
Yeah ofcourse, we're all for ezain coming into Kuwait but not vice versa inshallah. What I meant I suppose is that weak people can be bent and influenced as if they were absent minded sometimes. Bass allah el7afe'9.
And thank you miss!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jandeef said...

Disconnect with origins is bad, but nothing wrong with positive change.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Again, "Yeah ofcourse, we're all for ezain coming into Kuwait but not vice versa inshallah."

Oo ba3dain the whole original post was based on that idea.
Mino mo5tal 3a8leyan doesn't want good change for Kuwait? Ya3ni isn't the "positive change" gonna benefit me aswell? 5ala9.
And yes word for word, you kinda summed up my post in a sentence, thanks.

lol why are people repeating what I wrote up... 3adi yalla. :P
Btw 7ayak Jandeef. Your blog was the 1st I read on here, liked it. Remember me maybe? :D

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just have to remember your country, your religion, and your parents... make any life changing decisions with those things and nothing but gd will come out of it.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home