Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Further note on previous entry

A show came on today, Wednesday 24th, "Hyde Park" or which should've been Hide Park this day. A couple of callers got the nerve to come on and whine like excessively SPOILED brats that ought to be slapped across the face. These are the sort of things they managed to slurp onto the show:
- A girl actually came on and said "La3ebeen El3arabi lazem yel3iboon mo9ara3a oo 7adeed, oo ElQadsiya taj 3ala roos El3arabi", tokfain chub, shaal sigaalaa?
-A guy couldn't handle Qadsiya losing, and so decided to come on and "faten" and tell on a "guy" he saw giving the finger and making offensive gestures while holding a green flag, soooo what bitch? Get over it moron-o.
-People came on and on, saying that the media is "t7ayozing", siding with ElQadsiya over El3arabi, tokfaa owyooohkom, such babies. When they put clips about Qadsiya 'cause they've won the 3arbaweyas complain, and vice versa also happens. MAKOO SHO'3OL.

That's why I love the English league, I mean look what I've got to manage with here in Kuwait.
L-O-S-E-R-S.
Not the players necessarily, but the immature fans. They keep on singing to get on the nerve of the opposing team, whereas in Europe they clap for the winning team.

I think I'm not really into Kuwaiti soccer, but I enjoy watching good soccer. And I enjoy watching soccer of my country every now and then. I think I tend to lean towards ElQadsiya, but in the end, Kuwait.

So Meh. Elli yesma3ni yigool kela soccer, not really, but yeah it's World Cup soon; but I love football anyway. But I'm balanced, no worries. :P

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazolat said...

I only have one thing to say, all over the world, fans are fans, some are good and others are not.

Being a Kuwaiti/Arab fan does not necessarily mean they'll automatically curse off the other team.

English fans, European fans in general tend to be a lot more viscious than Kuwaiti. After, and sometimes during, a game fans would on many occasions fight, and do other horrific things.

In Europe, after a football game, many fans run for their lives for fear of serious fight related injuries, car burning and other acts of violence.

In my opinion, in Kuwait it's all just talk, but the real fan violence occurs elsewhere.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Welcome Ó®ange √uice,
I know what you mean. They suck at not showing it. They could've been subtle. But yet they even seemed sad that el3arabi won. I mean seriously that's ridiculous.

Hazo', First off you get all kinds of walks in anything all over the world. That's for sure, thus negligible.
I didn't focus this on being "Kuwaiti/Arab", I didn't mention Kuwaitis or Arabs directly either.
I just would expect differently from Kuwait, as a country, since I'm used to inoccent Kuwait; but now Kuwait is just any other place- in terms of referring to the population, sad, that's all I can say.
So I put out this entry to free frustration.

Besides, here in Kuwait, they got the face to drag in crap along the way, "t7ayoz". I think it's another way for weak people to manipulate ways of society. You know the story where etha 3arbaweya ya3ni shee3a oo etha Qadsaweya sena. Roo7 naaam. Far from the truth
It's just makes you wanna lift your eyebrow.

As for Europe, that's so expected. Their countries aren't small, unlike Kuwait who has a small population and we tend to know each other by families. Hooligans came up in Europe, so that's no surprise.

Yet what I was perhaps comparing was the UEFA(ab6al Europe) or even any other "respectable" final, with Kuwait's "AMEER"'s cup final.
Those respectable finals in Europe have class. And obviously so does the player there. Since they don't physically try to injure the opponents and play dirty.

It's just something I wanted to write about. Bass, nothing serious.
And for Kuwait being just talk, I suppose you haven't been to 3arabi vs. Qadsiya games.

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Another thing, you shouldn't always compare. For instance it doesn't make sense to contrast a person who passed a red traffic-light on purpose and got a ticket with a rapist. Both are wrong anyway.

But in this case it's to a lower extent. Sure were both humans here and in Europe but we have different conditions, and so different outcomes.

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home