Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sky High

Tony Blaire, Prime Minister of UK hit the books in breaking a world record, him and his "people". Staying airbourne for the longest civilian trip.

Travellers: Tony Blaire, and 80 passangers (full capacity of plane during normal flights: 300)
Transportation: Rented B777-200ER Plane (British Airways)
Occasion: Common-Wealth sports ceremony
From-To: from Brussels, Belgium to Melbourne, Australia
Distance travelled: 17,157km
Time Taken: 18hrs:45mins

That must've been an excruciating journey. I dislike being on planes for too long I really suffer. I've been from Thailand to Hawai'i. That was comparatively a lengthy one to usual flights. But worthwhile one at that. I mean it's as if you're cutting the distance to a haven on Earth. Kinda like when I go to Wafra with the family and cousins during spring, but on a global scale.

I'm not in such a mood for this, so...
I just realized, what a waste of an entry. Joga Bonito!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hazolat said...

my longest trip was about 18 hours long. from kuwait to the states. it was, well you get kinda bored after your first 10 hours of reading, watching tv and talking to your fellow passenger just to keep him from falling asleep and snoring once more. gets pretty hard, especially if you're like me who cannot sleep on airplanes. unless it was on british and first class .. oo afrishlee frash .. Ayabaaa :-)

Monday, April 24, 2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Ya3ni laish ita3eb nafsik.
Usually when we go to the States, it's to Cali'. And we go through Thailand, and transit in Japan.

18hours... that reminds me of when I was 15 and I became a 7ajji, el7amdilah. I went on a roadtrip, 19hrs from Kuwait to get to Mecca with a great group. An experience like noneother!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

15 years old and went to 7aj already? Ya7lailik Wallah :-) Anyway why a 19 hour road trip 7aram 3alaikom, Laish Moo 6ayarah? Yallah Killah Ib Ajrah Inshallah .. have a great weekend, Roo7 I6la3 Istanis :-)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Feeha ebrika! I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean it's one of THE most memorable trips I've had.

Sure it was hard work. But why not. I MEAN come on! The things inbetween you get to experience; benevolently priceless! El7amdillah 3ala hal ni3ma.

I think I changed after that trip. Hopefully for the better.

Wel7amdillah ena we didn't go through an airplane. That would've been dull as anything. I mean... bleh, I don't even want to think of it.

Bass el road trip, we went through soo many slices of KSA's society and whatnots. It's amaaazinG. Ayabaaah.
A7medeh.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home