Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The lost essence

I would have to say that I’m privileged, being part of a society which has exclusive celebrated days and even months like none other. They bring out the best in us and the country itself, bring us together, and bring us around to being happy.

I’m talking about our Ramadan, Gurgayan, Eids – Al A’97a and ElFi6ir, Liberation day and Independence day.

All which have significance to them, a purpose, remembering of a historic event.

So being that it’s February I’ll make the focus on the country’s celebration.

Kuwait got its independence 45 years ago on the 26th of February, its Liberation 15 years ago on the 25th of February.

And as long as I can remember we would go out and parade on the streets in a very special manner on this actual “couple” of days. Oh the peculiar irony, how these 2 dates come one after the other. Masha’Allah.

This gives us the wonderful 2 days holiday and festive fever, in which the whole country plays the many Kuwaiti national songs, and the cars fill the roads and people spray foam and dance and any other way just to express their joy.

Yet I’m disappointed to say that this year wasn’t so magical in comparison to the good ol’ days. As a matter of fact, being gracious, I’d still have to say this time around the celebration was simply put... LAME. Ga3ad ran the so called parade of celebration. People can actually have fatal accidents these days around such behavior in the streets, stupid drivers and moronic street roamers that is.

I personally think this year should’ve been about celebrating the fulfilled life of our late Ameer, and perhaps the new Ameer. Besides we’re pretty much used to having Baba Jaber around during our merry march of festivity.

Elmohem, don’t worry you guys. I didn’t waste my holiday on the ridiculous “maseerah”. Instead I went out to our farm along with the family, where all my cousins and all got together, it was all enjoyable. Of course with the Nwair flowers, all over the place; it’s that small yellow flower. Sub7an’Allah, it’s as if the land itself is blissful for us. It’s really like a family resort. So yeah my days were spent worthwhile, since I have a 9 days break from school. I have to mention too, that we went out for may-9aboon soccer 3ogob ma'radaina edeera, for 2 hours- was awesome. Spending time with the family can really be great, depending on the people not to forget .

Thankyou.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chicken Soup said...

unfortunately true, we don't know how to celebrate anything without foaming a million cars and sending people to their graves.
i miss the old way we used to celebrate.

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

wait... nothing's wrong with foaming.
It's just the attitude that comes along with it.
Retarded stuff, nevermind that now.

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:27:00 PM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

personally I think maseera's should be banned. i mean, its a death trap and accients combined. parades are supposed to be fun, lotta people gathering to celebrate, not to act as lunatics and fun deprived crazy folk with foams ready to spray with the intent to hurt. i think maseera's nowadays are just violence and sexual frustration linked.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

hazolat, welcome.
I like your name.
I know what you mean, it's pretty dangerous and some retards seek out to injure they're seriously morons in distress.
I mean they're guys going from door to door checking for the unlocked ones to petrify. Others throw the hard cans to damage cars 5alg allah.

They simply mayisti7oon 3ala ewyoohom.

I'm kinda tired of speaking of how bad things are evolving in our sweet Kuwait. Ah ayam awal, and I'm only a teenager. lol.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Hazolat said...

know what you mean, i don't think i belong to this generation. wish i was born in the 60's, and raised in kuwait's golden era. don't go out much either so i can relate.

liked your 'doodles' piece a lot, made me think about what i usually doodle down :)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Safi said...

Well I've felt alot of times very and I mean very different than people my age, I don't know why, I am mature but fun I know I am.
But bel mara you want to be born into another generation? Atleast these days if you go the right way we'll accomplish what others couldn't back then.

It's a tangled issue, and there's much to consider.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home